Mission and organizational aims
The Health Sciences eTraining Foundation (HSeT), created on November 30, 2006, is a non-profit organization dedicated to web-based teaching and learning. The mission and aims of HSeT are:
The HSeT Foundation is governed by articles 80 and seq. of the Swiss Civil Code and registered in the Trade Register of the Canton de Vaud, Switzerland. The legal seat of the Foundation shall be in Lausanne (VD), Switzerland. The HSeT Foundation has its origin in the Swiss Virtual Campus program sponsored by the Swiss Government and the Swiss Universities
- To develop web-based training programs in the health sciences.
- To create eLearning opportunities that support innovative face-to-face workshops in industrialized and developing world settings.
- To promote cooperation among national and international organizations committed to building global public health capacity through training.
The HSeT Foundation supports an eLearning core team that draws from many years of experience in the biomedical sciences, teaching, web design and Internet-based distance learning. The core team has expertise in creating multimedia content and in tailoring pedagogical approaches for a variety of audiences.
The organs of the Foundation are:
- The Board of Directors : see list of members here
- The Executive Committee: Jean-Pierre Kraehenbuhl (CEO), Jean-Philippe Rochat (president), Michelle Rossier (secretary), Bernard Rossier (member).
Responsible Editor: Jean-Pierre Kraehenbuhl, MD PhD and Emeritus Professor.
HSeT scientific coordinators are academics highly competent in their respective fields . They develop web-based content modules and activities in close collaboration with external contributors who are experts in the concerned field.
The current editorial policy is that all the material that is used in a workshop is reviewed by the teacher. In addition, a reviewing date is automatically inserted by the CMS at each page modification.
Last update: Monday, March 04, 2013Contact