The Federation of Geriatric Education (FGE) of the International Association of Geriatrics and Gerontology (IAGG) created in 2017, has decided to go online, with a new program aimed at “training the future lead- ers in Gerontology Geriatrics”, called
“e-TRIGGER” for “e-TRaining In Gerontology and GERiatrics”
IAGG has commissioned HSeT to create a public web- site (https://iagg-fge.org/) and a training website for IAGG attendees and trainers.
Free monthly 3-hour online training sessions are organized by the IAGG FGE, with the contribu- tion of the Regional IAGG Academy in Geriatrics and Gerontology.
Each session consists of three one hour training including:
• an introduction by the President of the regional Academy
• a 20-minute keynote lecture by an expert in Gerontology or Geriatric medicine
• a 10-minute case report presented by a trainee (health care profes- sional or MD) participating in the program
• a 20-minute discussion between the experts and the trainees.
• a quiz to test the knowledge acquired by the trainees during the session, so that their acquisition of the topic studied in that session may be validated.
• an evaluation of the session by all the trainees and attendees